I travel because I believe and want to know that there are places outside of this one.
I travel because sometimes, when I’m wise, I return with a greater appreciation for home and a more intense longing to go again in the near future. It’s a beautiful cycle.
I travel because one day, God said to Abram, go, leave your home and I’ll take you to another land; make you into a great nation so that you can bless others.
I travel because in my heart of hearts I fear it; the strange locale and scenery, the inconvenience and confusion; the waiting, the misunderstanding, the lost luggage, the stolen wallet, the toilet conditions.
I travel because despite of myself sometimes I need to leave this comfort zone, this routine, to feel like I’m human – able to move, connect, improvise, lose and find, rise and fall, help and be helped. Life’s too short to only know what you know.
I travel because it reminds me I need God.
I travel because I hear there’s a hole-in-the-wall that makes the greatest fried chicken in the world. I also hear the guy across town channels Coltrane and his wife sings like she’s part angel.
I travel because beauty is worth the distance. And the money.
I travel because people are fascinating. They are so different yet so similar.
I travel because I want to be rich.
6 comments:
I love this post! Travel away, my friend. But do travel back...we will miss you...but we are also very excited for you. I have been blessed in so many ways by your friendship...thank you!!
I travel, therefore I think...
Go where the roads lead you. Eat! Drink! take photos! Sleep! Write! Reflect! Be amazed!! Good luck, be safe. Have fun on your adventures. See you in a few months?? =)
Beautiful post! Can't wait to see and hear all about it.
Matthew 8:20
Jesus replied, "Foxes have holes. Birds of the air have nests. But the Son of Man has no place to lay his head."
wow... i'm going to have to post this on my blog! very poetic! ;)
also... did you use the word "manifesto" because you are secretly communist and you are planning to re invade Cuba?
mirthmaker - have i not told you about my dream of having my own island someday?!?! :)
Post a Comment